Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
07-17-2011, 04:28 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Social Network like Chictopia, Lookbook, Hypeed
I am looking to build the next social media site for women very similar to Chictopia.com, Lookbook.nu and Hypped.com. I know absolutely nothing about programming. I am able to design the site, but as far as the engineering and functionality... I have no idea how to execute this. I'd outsource everything. Can you give me any clues as to what the cost of something like this would be as well as a rough timeline of completion: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, a year?
Here are some of the functions that I'd like the site to have.
- System must be able to track most voted, most commented and most popular members and aggregate the images on the main page (as on hypeed.com)
- Users have the ability to create a login or can login with Twitter and/or Facebook.
- Users have the ability to vote on uploads from other users.
- Users have the ability to enter contests.
- Users have the ability to comment on other users images, videos ,etc.
- Users have fans/friends.
- Users get e-mail messages based on activity from their account.
- Users have the ability to share on Facebook, Twitter, Google Tumblr.
- Over 50,000 users for the first phase of the project. Hope to build out later.
- Users have the ability to create their own profile at www.website.com/username
- Users have the ability to send messages to each other.
- Users have the ability to post badges from the website on their personal blogs.
- There is a customized forum.
- There is Advertising features that we'd like to easily handle on the back end.
- Users have the ability to write product reviews that other users can search for using a database of product brands.
- Splash page or main page features the most popular users in each category along with something near the image that lets user vote on that image with one click.
- There needs to be some type of click fraud prevention, even minimal efforts will suffice.
- Every approved image uploaded to the site will be uploaded to tumblr.
- I'd like to have the ability to approve images before they go public.
07-17-2011, 06:29 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Utah, USA, Northwestern hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Alpha Quadrant
- Thanked 637 Times in 625 Posts
Based on your laundry list of features, and I'm ball-parking it here for sure, since most of your features are quite open-ended, I'd say $5,000-$15,000 for development. Since you plan to have a large user base you'll need to budget for servers and hosting to handle the load as well (VPS account at the very least).
Users who have thanked Fumigator for this post: