Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
03-02-2011, 01:13 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi I volunteered to help improve this website, can you suggest ways it can be improved? Don't worry I didn't design it myself so there's no way you can offend or hurt my feelings.
I personally don't like
- how the homepage is presented as one long scrolling page. I think it's offputting to the visitor and doesn't cater to today's average attention span.
- Lags slightly when scrolling frantically.
- Pictures disproportionately big to text.
- Widgets ugly and their function unclear, and they seem defective and disorganised
- Widgets generate validation errors, esp. by using iframe
- Other markup coding errors
Your thoughts?The website I am building is http://www.mathannotated.com. My questions often pertain to it. This is my site plan: http://www.mathannotated.com/images/...ctory-tree.gif
Thank you for your help in all matters. All earnest efforts in helping me will be credited with Thanks. -ptrcao
03-10-2011, 02:23 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Glasgow, UK
- Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Yep you pretty much got it bang on. The actual layout of the page is nice enough and the colour scheme works, just needs some refinement.
1. Needs a logo + image instead of just the plain text at the top.
2. Articles should be chopped down to 200 characters on the home page, then click to read more. (if possible) means the reader can browse through easier to find what they want to see.
3. Images need to be inline with the page, jutting out images always looks bad.
4. That google calendar events thing is really ugly. Maybe needs to be styled better or just implemented differently.
More or less the same as what you said I guess. It's not a bad site though for its purpose.