Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Make a widget out of any site
12-07-2008, 11:45 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Make a widget out of any site
I just finished redoing my site http://websnips.com there are still some problems but it now mostly works. It is an ideal tool for bloggers allowing them to embed content into their posts, likewise it could be useful for social networkers and general web users. What do you think? would you use it? Any bugs?
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Lost in Localhost...
- Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
Some things I'd like to point out:
- The design is basic, and I'd prefer it much more if it had more of a Web 2.0 look. After all, you are meant to be appealing to bloggers.
- On the About Us page, the logo links here instead of the homepage. Which doesn't exist.
- The contact page has the title "AJAX Contact Form", and has absolutely no style what so ever.
- The blog is a completely different style to the rest of the site
- I think that having "http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/news/" in the search box as default isn't that good. I'd rather see something like "Enter Site Here" that then disappears when you click into the box.
- I also think you should state that the user should include the protocol when entering the site name. I'm used to missing that bit out of my address.
That may seem harsh, but I love the idea and I love the site. With a better design, I will definitely use it. I'm a fan