Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: User folder access
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
User folder access
I wanted to make a login site with below function:
- User register by admin
- User only can access the folder assign by admin
- User only can view the folder content and cannot edit any detail
- Forget password function
- Login with captcha
I hope my site can be done with php and mysql, i'm seeking tutorial for this user management system. Please guide me and help me develop this management system. Looking forward for tutorial and advise.
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Virginia, USA
- Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
That's a lot to take on for what I take is one of your first large PHP/MySQL projects.
My advice is to break it down into stages and slowly add more features as you build & test each successive step.
1. Design the MySQL table fields and relationships
2. Enter placeholder data for working with PHP
4. Develop/test 'forgot password' form
5. Develop/test 'login' form
6. Develop/test 'folder view' page
1. Develop/test the registration form
2. Develop/test the 'folder assignment' form
In regards to tutorials, here are 3 that cover some the features you've mentioned:
Creating a simple login script with php and mysql
Complete advanced login member system – PHP tutorial
Complete Members System
Best of luck to you.