Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    what captcha plugins you use? please share

    Hello im having trouble using the google recaptcha on my templates, its redirect me to another pages whenever the captcha is wrong.

    anyway if you have working jquery captcha or just a simple just captcha plugin that easy to use, please share it with me.

  • #2
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sounds like there might be a glitch in your reCaptcha javascript paramaters because the incorrect value is ordinarily inserted back as an ajax response code in the validation but in answer to your request check these pages out.

    BotDetect JavaScript CAPTCHA Documentation | captcha.com
    10 jQuery CAPTCHA Plugins | jQuery4u
    http://www.tothemoon.com/2013/01/sim...d-to-any-form/

    The final one at tothemoon.com is a custom captcha that you can add to your form which does not depend on any plugins or third party services and is run entirely from your site and so can be customized as much as you want to do anything that you want.

  • #3
    Supreme Master coder! Philip M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,079
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 2,520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rutherfurdsols View Post
    The final one at tothemoon.com is a custom captcha that you can add to your form which does not depend on any plugins or third party services and is run entirely from your site and so can be customized as much as you want to do anything that you want.
    But the user can simply disable Javascript. Captchas need to be validated server-side.

    All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

  • #4
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip M View Post
    But the user can simply disable Javascript. Captchas need to be validated server-side.
    I did realise that Philip and that is usually how I do it but given that this person has posted in the Javascript forum I provided them with the Javascript solution however you are right that ideally the validation should be on the server side.

  • #5
    Supreme Master coder! Philip M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,079
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 2,520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rutherfurdsols View Post
    I did realise that Philip and that is usually how I do it but given that this person has posted in the Javascript forum I provided them with the Javascript solution however you are right that ideally the validation should be on the server side.
    With respect, a Javascript solution is no solution here.

    All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

  • #6
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sir the tutorial on tothemoon.com still not working on me. it say "Enter This Code >>" but i cant see any captcha code.

  • #7
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think google recaptcha is the better solution now. my problem in recaptcha is when i input a wrong code it redirect me to other pages saying "The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again.(reCAPTCHA said: incorrect-captcha-sol)"


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •