Please Take Ten Minutes To Test My Chatbot (School Project)
Hi, everyone! I've written a very primitive chatbot for a school project, but I've just learned from my teacher that I need at least thirty people to test it before Monday! I had planned on simply testing it with my immediate family. Can I ask you to take ten or fifteen minutes to download the program here and test it? Simply follow the instructions below. Thank you for your help!
1. Download ChatbotExperiment.zip from SourceForge. Both "ChatbotExperiment.jar" and "memory.chat" must be placed in the same folder for the program to work. I suggest creating an empty folder for the files.
2. Run "ChatbotExperiment.jar" (you must have Java installed) and follow the on-screen instructions. Talk to the chatbot until it has replied 25 times (it replies almost instantly so this will be a very short conversation).
3. Participate in the short survey that appears after the conversation is over. Entering your gender and age is NOT required, but it is appreciated as it will help me gather data for my project.
4. When the results appear on the screen, please click Select > All and Edit > Copy, and then paste the text into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also attach the file called "chatbotExperimentData.chat" (which is instantly created in the same folder in which the program and memory file reside) to an email and send it to email@example.com.
5. If you do not feel comfortable sending me an email with your personal email address, you may paste the complete results to this thread. However I can assure you I will not save any of your addresses and I will not distribute them to anyone else.
I'm very grateful for any participation I receive. I know it's unusual to post these kind of requests to a public forum, but I have nowhere else to turn. Please take a short amount of time to help out a beginning computer science student.
Note: I apologize if this isn't the correct section to post this topic in, and will of course move it to a more appropriate section if need be.