Please help. My page sends Chinese characters to Facebook walls when Liked
Last night I applied my domain name to my new website, but unfortunately I have run into a snag. The Like and Recommend buttons place Chinese text on the Facebook walls of those of us who have tried it. The link is active to take people back to the pages, and the links are in English. It's what is the webpage description that shows up under the link that appears in Chinese.
Am I doing something wrong?
Here's what I have done so far to fix the problem:
* Created a brand new page using html 5 (instead of several other types I've tried. This was interesting and now I'm really getting the hang of code. Soon I won't need the visual editor)
* Called my hosting company where I have the ftp site -- they said it's Facebook's fault
* Tried the Like as well as the Recommend button code -- both styles
* Tried with and without the AdSense script -- didn't help
* Took out the Generator name in the code (CoffeeCup) -- thought maybe that was throwing Facebook into a tizzy. Didn't help.
Has anyone ever run into this before? My page is simple: a few gif files (ads and banner), an animated gif (a revolving globe), and simple text.
My hosting company said it could take, 12, 24, or 72 hours for my domain name to fully take ahold of my IP address. Could this be the problem?
Here is a link to the html 5 page. FYI: on this page I took out the CoffeeCup Editor generator name and replaced it with my initials. This is the last thing I have attempted to do.
Could it be my animated gif making the page description show in Chinese characters on Facebook?
Chinese in facebook post description
I am having the same problem. When I type my URL, www.harrisburgncbusiness.com, into a Facebook post, the description shows in Chinese. How did you fix yours?