Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I am stumped.. Can anyone help me please?

    Alright Guys

    I have created a seperate css file, and a php file see here for more details
    http://www.supreme-host.com/marketplace/marketplace.php

    I am trying to get it to look like how my actual wordpress blog did.. see here http://digitalresellersvault.com/blog/

    At the moment I have a problem with the wrap div part not be display correctly...

    Can anyone help/advise me how to get this to work??
    Last edited by Byronwells; 12-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.

  • #2
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Can you post the code that contains the wrap div section? Can't fix it if we can't see it.

  • #3
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rihoj View Post
    Can you post the code that contains the wrap div section? Can't fix it if we can't see it.
    Do you want the css or marketplace.php code or both?

  • #4
    God Emperor Fou-Lu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    16,994
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 2,631 Posts
    This is a display thing, not a PHP thing. Unless there is something that is hindering the identical output from PHP, I'll be moving this to the HTML/CSS forum. Is there any indication that something is causing this from PHP (incorrect print locations do qualify). That will mean you'd need to post the PHP page too, but at this point I suspect its merely a CSS thing.

    Edit:
    As rihoj says, I also cannot see the div for the wrap. I did a quick inspection with firebug, otherwise the layout looks about the same. If thats the case, you just need to wrap the contents in the div with the wrap id.
    Last edited by Fou-Lu; 12-02-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    PHP Code:
    header('HTTP/1.1 420 Enhance Your Calm'); 
    Been gone for a few months, and haven't programmed in that long of a time. Meh, I'll wing it ;)

  • #5
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou-Lu View Post
    This is a display thing, not a PHP thing. Unless there is something that is hindering the identical output from PHP, I'll be moving this to the HTML/CSS forum. Is there any indication that something is causing this from PHP (incorrect print locations do qualify). That will mean you'd need to post the PHP page too, but at this point I suspect its merely a CSS thing.

    Edit:
    As rihoj says, I also cannot see the div for the wrap. I did a quick inspection with firebug, otherwise the layout looks about the same. If thats the case, you just need to wrap the contents in the div with the wrap id.
    This is the css code that I am using



    #wrap {

    background: #DDDDDD;

    width: 920px;

    margin: 0px auto 0px;

    padding: 0px;

    }

  • #6
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Fou-Lu;894935]This is a display thing, not a PHP thing. Unless there is something that is hindering the identical output from PHP, I'll be moving this to the HTML/CSS forum. Is there any indication that something is causing this from PHP (incorrect print locations do qualify). That will mean you'd need to post the PHP page too, but at this point I suspect its merely a CSS thing.

    And this is the php that I am using

    And this is the php marketplace file code I am using


    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">


    <head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">





    <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    </head>



    <body>
    <div id="wrap">
    <div id="header">



    <div id="headerleft">



    </div>



    </div>



    <div id="navbar">



    <div id="navbarleft">

    <ul id="nav">





    </ul>

    </div>



    <div id="navbarright">



    </div>



    </div>



    <div style="clear:both;"></div>



    <div id="subnavbar">

    <ul id="subnav">




    </ul>

    </div>



    <div style="clear:both;"></div>



    <div id="homepage">

    <div id="wrap">

    <div id="hpleft">



    <div class="hptabber">



    <!--This section is where the custom images are found for the homepage tabber - note the custom field name for this image is "top feature". Recommended image size is 125x250, as the stylesheet is written for this size.-->







    </div>



    <div class="hpflickr">



    <h4>Posts</h4>

    <!--This is where the thumbnails are found for the featured page - note the custom field name for this image is "thumbnail".-->

    <!--Replace cat=1 with the Category ID you want to display in this section.-->














    <h1></h1>





    <div style="border-bottom:1px dotted #BBBBBB; margin-bottom:10px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; clear:both;"></div>







    </div>





    <div id="wrap">




    <!-- The main column ends -->

  • #7
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Edit:
    As rihoj says, I also cannot see the div for the wrap. I did a quick inspection with firebug, otherwise the layout looks about the same. If thats the case, you just need to wrap the contents in the div with the wrap id.
    [/QUOTE]

    I can not provide the full contents of the css file on here, because it is very large.. However if you need to see it then I can provide you will download links to both files

  • #8
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Use the php tags, and post the part of php that is supposed to deal with that exact location.

  • #9
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rihoj View Post
    Use the php tags, and post the part of php that is supposed to deal with that exact location.
    That is what I have done... I have included the wrap div and the php file

  • #10
    God Emperor Fou-Lu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    16,994
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 2,631 Posts
    You're missing a clearning div and a footer from you're new page. You also have an additional div stated as a wrap. hpleft and hptabber could cause problems compared to you're old layout.
    In any case, this is an HTML/CSS issue, moving to HTML/CSS forum.
    PHP Code:
    header('HTTP/1.1 420 Enhance Your Calm'); 
    Been gone for a few months, and haven't programmed in that long of a time. Meh, I'll wing it ;)

  • #11
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou-Lu View Post
    You're missing a clearning div and a footer from you're new page. You also have an additional div stated as a wrap. hpleft and hptabber could cause problems compared to you're old layout.
    In any case, this is an HTML/CSS issue, moving to HTML/CSS forum.
    Do I need to added footer just to get the background image to appear??

    Because the membership script that I use adds the header and footer automatically..

    Are you also saying that I need to take the hpleft and hptabber out?

    Also where do I need to put the clearing div? And I guess you mean ? </div>


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •