Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-31-2009, 11:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Text box to specific webpage: question
I am new to the forums and excited about all the things I can learn here. I'm a basic web designer, with very little knowledge of anything outside of HTML and Photoshop. With that said, I'm working on a website with Dreamweaver and want to use a text box HTML form and I need some help. Here's what I need. Hopefully someone can enlighten me!
- Visitors will enter a 5-digit zip code into the text box and then hit the submit button.
- Is there anyway to link the input in the text box to a file that contains a list of zip codes?
- I want to associate each entered zip code to one of three or four webpages on my site.
- Finally, is there anyway to generate text on the destination webpage that shows what zip code they entered?
Also to note, I am currently building the site on a local directory without any server technologies. I appreciate anyone's help with the code for this form! Thanks!
06-01-2009, 12:24 AM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Thanked 56 Times in 55 Posts
You are going to need to learn some Server side stuff to do what you want to do.
All of what you are asking about can be done with the GET or POST Array handling of the Form data.