Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Page load problems in IE7 ?? How to be sure which part of the code bugging it...

    Hello,
    it's about this page I created...

    www.topfm.rs/index.html

    If I open it in Firefox, IE6 etc... it works great

    If I open it in IE7 it loads forever and wont load to end at all, it says "1 item remaining" and stays that way...

    The XHTML code is valid as you can check!

    As you can see main flash banner is the one that wont load, but I tried deleting flash and it still wont load to the end, so banner is not the problem!

    So, can someone help me how do I debug this easier? Is there any way that I can see exact which line in my code is causing the preoblem?

  • #2
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 92 Times in 91 Posts
    I get 1 item remaining in IE6 too.

    Enter your page here: Web Page Analyzer

    You'll see that one of the images is not found (http://www.topfm.rs/images/banners/ISKORISTI)

    Edit: You've named the file with a space in it: ISKORISTI SANSU.jpg
    Remove the space.
    Last edited by Fisher; 04-13-2009 at 03:23 PM.

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I get 1 item remaining in IE6 too.

    Enter your page here: Web Page Analyzer

    You'll see that one of the images is not found (http://www.topfm.rs/images/banners/ISKORISTI)

    Edit: You've named the file with a space in it: ISKORISTI SANSU.jpg
    Remove the space.
    Hi,

    did it but the problem is still there... :/

  • #4
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 92 Times in 91 Posts
    I believe your problem is related to the way you're placing your swfs in your page. Look into SWFObject, as it is a much better method (deconcept). Maybe examing your other 2 scripts for the rotational banners as well.

    Trying to save a copy of your site was a challenge. NEVER use the word banner when naming your swfs or divs. It all gets blocked by adblocking plugins.

    Edit: Okay, so I tried loading up a copy of your page to a testing site and experienced the same problem. My test server just didn't want to load those 2 large swf files. I replaced them with a copy of the meni.swf and it works almost instantly. Check out:my test site to see how to incorporate swfobject. I'll pull the copy down in a day or so.
    Last edited by Fisher; 04-14-2009 at 05:06 AM.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •