Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Canterbury, Kent (immigrant, of course :)
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    "Background" image, with text around it?

    I've tried searching/googling for it, but as English is my third language I cannot think of the correct words to use. I've tried reading up on general CSS background images, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

    Basically, I would want an image in one place on the website (which stays static), and even when the user scrolls down the text would automatically adjust itself and go around it instead of over it (as both the text and the image would be a dark colour, it would make the text unreadable).

    Does such an object or code exist, and if so, any hints in the right direction?

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Senior Coder effpeetee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Clapham Junction - London SW
    Thanked 204 Times in 203 Posts
    Not quite sure what you mean but, usually if one wants text to go round a div, one floats the div. My knowledge of CSS is very basic so I cannot help you further than that.

    There are some useful sites in the url in my signature that might help.

    * Sources (updated: 21.11.2012.
    Using Windows 8 Professional. 64bit with HP Photosmart 5510 printer Very useful site here.


    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts