Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
09-26-2007, 10:09 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how to execute an .exe file from HTML
I want to open the paint application of windows by clicking a hyper link or a button in html page.
Can anyone help me how to do this?
09-26-2007, 10:13 AM #2
You can't do that using HTML. You won't have the permission to open programs in the client's computer.
09-26-2007, 10:54 AM #3
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- Sydney, Australia
- Thanked 664 Times in 653 Posts
Fortunately browsers do not allow programs to be run straight from web pages like that. The holes in ActiveX are bad enough for allowing viruses to be generated. The last thing we want is for web pages to just be able to run virus.exe files whenever they feel like it.
When you want someone to run an eexe file from your web page there are several steps involved.
1. Offer the file for download so that they can download the file to their computer.
2. They then run a virus scan so as to make sure someone didn't break into your site and install a virus into it.
3. Once they are happy that the file is safe they run it.