Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Help with site html validation
07-23-2007, 04:49 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Essex, United Kingdom
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help with site html validation
i want to validate my html but none of the errors comments are making any sense to me ?, heres the link to the html validation report: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...itesled.com%2F
and heres the link to my site: http://technolanecss.sitesled.com/
would you guys be able to help ?
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Splendora, Texas, United States of America
- Thanked 288 Times in 282 Posts
- Error 1: You don’t use XML empty‐element tags  in an HTML document. That slash (/) character means something totally different  in HTML, hence the odd error message.
- Error 2: The language attribute is formally deprecated (obsolete) in favor of the type attribute. Deprecated features are not allowed when using a Strict DTD.
- Errors 3‒10: The embed element is not defined in the HTML 4.01 Specification; it’s a proprietary technology. Use the object element instead .
- Error 11: The align attribute is deprecated in favor of CSS. In this case, you should be using the text-align property.
- Error 12: You declared the type attribute twice. Declaring an attribute twice is not allowed in HTML.
- Errors 13‒16: Elements are not allowed to appear outside of the html element.
- Error 17: The center element is deprecated in favor of CSS.
- Error 19: Elements that have an inline display by default, such as a, may not appear as immediate children of the noscript element in a Strict document. You need to put a naturally block‐level element, such as div, in between any inline elements and the noscript element.
- Error 20: The border attribute is deprecated in favor of the CSS border properties.
- Error 21: This is related to Error 19. The noscript element requires, at least, one naturally block‐level child element.
For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.