Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-09-2006, 08:48 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zoomify for Flash (problems on IE)
I have a site that contains links to about 100 different items.
Here is the link:
Each link opens a pop-up window containing the .swf file embedded in html.
Here is my problem (has been tested on multiple computers):
*only occurs on Internet Explorer
• after activating all the links on the page one time, during one session w/out closing the browser
the system works fine.
• when the browser is closed and restarted the links begin to slow the browser down.
• when done multiple times fewer and fewer links will trigger the browser to slow down.
Steps I have taken to resolve the matter:
• I made a testsite where I included a "no cache" script in my html. This did not work.
Here is the link: http://www.optionzoom.com/michaelsta...705/index2.htm
• I tried a testsite using the system of all html files calling 1 .swf file and dynamically called to the image folder. I only put 10 items up but in my browser Explorer froze on the last one.
That made no difference.
Here is the link: http://www.optionzoom.com/test
If there is anything you can find in my file that I can do to prevent Explorer from freezing it would be greatly appreciated. What I personally think the problem is that Explorer is saving all these .swf files in some sort of temporary memory. If there is a way to flush this temp memory when the browser window is closed or end the process I think it might do it, but I don't know that for sure.
If anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.