Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help required with an idea for a website
So I have very limited coding knowledge, I know how to a basic website together using HTML/CSS and copy/paste a bit of JS etc but that’s about it. Thing is I have an idea for a more complex website and need help on how to achieve it.
The idea behind the site is to allow users to sign up and then be taken through a short step by step process allowing them to:
- Enter their general details
- Upload a PDF or word doc
- Select a category from dropdown LOVs
- Record a short 5 minute video, exactly like seen here http://intro.talentvx.com/sdvfr_play/VideoRecorder.asp
- Complete the process above and end up with a user profile page i.e. www.domainname.com/username
- The profile would show the video and the uploaded doc along with the details they entered when signing up
The important thing is the video, I want this to be stored on my own server so that rules out YouTube and the like. I was thinking I could use some sort of pre built script for all of the login and user profile creation, or jquery snippets?
But my main struggle is trying to copy the video technique used in the example above, how is this achieved and is there any way I can pull the code and use it myself?
Appreciate any help or feedback!
*UPDATE*: On further investigation it looks like they are using this http://hdfvr.com/
Last edited by Dez; 07-19-2012 at 04:53 PM.