Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
03-05-2010, 01:18 AM #1
New site, new name made from Old site, not indexing :-(
I asked this question a few weeks ago on concerns of submitting duplicate content and after acting on replies, i've been waiting to see what would happen.
The story so far:
1. Old site - www.rightmove2my.com
2. Changed company name so therefore needed to change website address to match....
3. Therefore New site - www.yourmove2my.com re-designed but with most of the pages containing same info as the old site.
4. Set up a permanent 301 redirect via the hosting company which works fine, informed google through webmaster tools - redirecting from old site to new, submitted new site, submitted sitemap etc..
After a few days, 20 pages showed as indexed. Chuffed with my own success and as i do quite frequently anyway, i updated my sitemap, re-submitted it and then the next day.... Zero pages indexed.
The old site still contains the old pages etc.. and according to webmaster tools, all of the pages are still indexed.
Am i doing something blindingly obviously wrong?
As usual, all help is gratefully received.
PS. Previous thread for this was at http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=189176
03-05-2010, 08:08 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hello Phil. I once encountered the same problem. Give it upto a week, and if nothing happens then contact Google through webmaster tools. They should be able to give you a reason, but you may need to leave it for as many as 20 days to update it all.
03-06-2010, 02:25 AM #3
Actually i messaged Google through webmaster tools several days ago via the "Site Reconsideration" link. I told them the story so far - hopefully they will respond (which would be a first for me)
I just wonder if I should scrap the first site all together but i'm concerned that as the pages are still indexed and are giving me the only traffic. Maybe that would be shooting myself in the foot?