Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-04-2009, 03:40 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
multiple form filling bot (for legit use)
I have a client that needs a 'bot' (for lack of better terms) that he can have insurance agents fill information into while on the phone with a customer, we want the agent to then be able to hit submit and the program will open up 10 separate websites, log in to each, and fill out 3-4 web forms on each site to get the agent to the point where the resulting quote is there on each of the 10 separate pages.
It has to be:
- Able to select proper values from drop-down menus
- Able to select proper check boxes.
- Able to select proper radio buttons.
- Able to insert data into text fields.
The form that the bot is filling out is a multi-step form, meaning that the bot has to click "Next" to continue, about 5-7 steps.
DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME SOURCE CODE THEY CAN REFER ME TO SO I CAN GET STARTED ON THIS?
I am familiar with php, asp, and vb
05-04-2009, 08:14 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Utah, USA, Northwestern hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Alpha Quadrant
- Thanked 637 Times in 625 Posts
So the agent will be sitting there at the computer? Sounds like you just need a macro. I found this Firefox plugin (called iMacro) that looks promising (but I've never tried it):
If you'd rather use a program to perform the macro, Google "macro program" and you'll find a ton of options.