Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 88
  1. #31
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
    Do you type on your notebook while driving? That's illegal in parts of the US, even on phones.

  2. #32
    UE Antagonizer Fumigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Utah, USA, Northwestern hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    7,691
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 637 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine View Post
    Do you type on your notebook while driving? That's illegal in parts of the US, even on phones.
    I'm pretty sure every state has laws against distracted driving, and if I were a bettin' man I'd bet most every 1st world nation likewise has laws against distracted driving...

    Who bloody types while driving anyway?!?!?

  3. #33
    The fat guy next door VIPStephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Halle (Saale), Germany
    Posts
    8,930
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 1,014 Posts
    I’m sure some of these so-called “consultants” (with jobs of which nobody knows what they actually are about) that pretend to be ever so busy would even work while they are driving (of course only if everybody can see how busy they are). The only question would be why it has to be an iPad unless it’s just for their ego.

  4. #34
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPStephan View Post
    The only question would be why it has to be an iPad unless it’s just for their ego.
    Because it's cheaper than any touchscreen notebook and will probably have apps geared toward the multitouch feature making it easier to use.

  5. #35
    Rockstar Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 328 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drhowarddrfine View Post
    Because it's cheaper than any touchscreen notebook and will probably have apps geared toward the multitouch feature making it easier to use.
    ASUS has started selling netbook tablets with multitouch as well. The T91MT and the T101MT I believe. I also remember seeing a Lenovo multitouch tablet. The last I saw of the T91MT, it was selling for just under $500. I've used the T91 a little, it is pretty cool but I don't know how good it is long term. I was able to click around in Windows 7 without any real difficulty using the screen.

    I would suspect there will be a wave of multitouch tablets coming onto the market now because of the iPad. Which is good, it will help drive the price down.
    OracleGuy

  6. #36
    UE Antagonizer Fumigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Utah, USA, Northwestern hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    7,691
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 637 Times in 625 Posts
    Still, it's got to have a killer app... what is that going to be I wonder? Without this, Apple won't be able to widen the appeal beyond the Apple fanboys. I scanned the article drdr linked to and the functions they mentioned "business" people will be using this thing for are email on-the-go, taking notes on-the-go, and drawing flowcharts in meetings. The iwork software they mentioned might be the killer app, but still doesn't really provide anything "killer".

  7. #37
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumigator View Post
    Still, it's got to have a killer app... what is that going to be I wonder? Without this, Apple won't be able to widen the appeal beyond the Apple fanboys. I scanned the article drdr linked to and the functions they mentioned "business" people will be using this thing for are email on-the-go, taking notes on-the-go, and drawing flowcharts in meetings. The iwork software they mentioned might be the killer app, but still doesn't really provide anything "killer".
    They already have Itunes/Istore

  8. #38
    Rockstar Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 328 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfit View Post
    They already have Itunes/Istore
    As useful as some people find that, I wouldn't call it a killer app. I doubt many people would buy an iPad specifically because of iTunes.
    OracleGuy

  9. #39
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oracleguy View Post
    As useful as some people find that, I wouldn't call it a killer app. I doubt many people would buy an iPad specifically because of iTunes.
    Don't get my wrong i don't own any Apple product, but i like to have an ipad to watch movies. That's why i consider the Istore as application

  10. #40
    The fat guy next door VIPStephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Halle (Saale), Germany
    Posts
    8,930
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfit View Post
    Don't get my wrong i don't own any Apple product, but i like to have an ipad to watch movies.
    And what makes the iPad stand apart from any other laptop in this respect except that you can’t watch movies without buying them from the App store before?

  11. #41
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPStephan View Post
    And what makes the iPad stand apart from any other laptop in this respect except that you can’t watch movies without buying them from the App store before?
    Exactly that there is a service as Itunes. Imagine this: you program via rss your downloads to your Ipad. That sounds compelling to me.

  12. #42
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
    CBS will begin streaming their shows via HTML5/Video, no flash, soon. The link is on their web site but it doesn't work yet.

  13. #43
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
    Link
    Investors are already betting iPad sales will exceed the other frenzy seen two years ago, when Apple sold 1.12 million iPhones during its first complete quarter of sales. In fact, in a little less than a year iPad unit sales are expected to exceed the estimated 3 million Kindles that have sold to date.

  14. #44
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think that will happen in the near future but 20-30 years from now everything will be on some type of ipadish device.
    When I wake up I see differently
    Laptop Repair NYC property management software

  15. #45
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sentril View Post
    I don't think that will happen in the near future but 20-30 years from now everything will be on some type of ipadish device.
    I'm reading that the first delivery of iPads are sold out.


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •