Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: asp VS asp.net
11-07-2007, 01:10 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
asp VS asp.net
someone can please tell me why people do not like classic asp? what is so better with .net?
Last edited by sasha85; 11-07-2007 at 04:32 AM.By the time u recognize this moment, This moment will be gone.
11-07-2007, 09:39 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2007
- Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Excellent question. I'd love to here other people's thoughts on this too.
Here are a few of my thoughts:
- ASP.NET is the next generation of Microsoft server-side development technologies so I guess it is likely to last the longer of the two.
- ASP.NET is designed to be more secure and it offers more facilities to help the developer with security. This ranges from form validation to logon controls and role membership.
- ASP.NET code is compiled although this occurs behind the scenes so the developer does not have to compile anything to make this happen. The result is much faster code.
- Databinding has been introduced. You can develop a web page that outputs data from a table, allows a user to edit or delete rows, allows the user to sort the data or page through the data without writing a line of code. All you need is HTML with web controls (that look like HTML tags with a lot of attributes). Web controls do come at a cost in terms of performance. If performance is critical you can still recert to the ASP model using the Response and Request objects.
- I can remember writing configuration scripts to secure parts of ASP-based web sites but ASP.NET has text-based XML configuration files. Values can be encrypted too, for better security from hackers.
- Protection against SQL-injection attacks comes built into ASP.NET.